The Campbell Duo
Hugh Campbell – Guitar
Vicky Campbell - Flute
· With their vibrant combination of wind and strings The Campbell Duo bring a wide and varied repertoire of familiar and not so familiar works to life
· The Campbell Duo present a repertoire of music ranging from the baroque and classical periods, through to impressionism and the very best of the recent works written for guitar and flute. They have given numerous first performances, and have had many pieces written specifically for them. Hugh has turned his attention to the wider repertoire of orchestral works of the twentieth century and arranged them for the unique combination of flute and guitar.
· Hugh and Vicky met whilst studying in London at Trinity College of Music, where Vicky won a place as a junior exhibitioner at the age of thirteen and Hugh won the prestigious Chamber Music Prize.
· The Duo have played at many major venues including the Purcell Room, London, and have performed at most of the principal festivals and summer schools, including Prussia Cove, Cannington, and The Scottish International Guitar Festival. They have recently toured throughout the U.K, Europe & Scandinavia.
· After having lived in Vicky’s native London for many years Hugh & Vicky have moved to Scotland relocating near to Hugh’s home town of Dundee.
· The Campbell’s CD of the complete ‘Mountain Songs’ by the American composer Robert Beaser has been broadcast across the USA. The Campbell Duo have forged strong links with Scandinavia and were recently invited to Norway to record new repertoire by several Norwegian composers.
Works written for The Campbell Duo include:
o Sonata - Kjell Marcussen
o Love Song - Stepan Rak
o Passacaglia - Ottavio Negro
o Two Pieces for Flute & Guitar op.54 – Bjørn Gjerstrøm
o Seashore Meditations – Morten Gaathaug
First British Performances include:
o Sonata - Nikita Koshkin
o Prelude - Dusan Bogdanovic
o Poppies & Spice - Nicholas Ng
o Hommage á Heitor Villa Lobos op.125 - Carlo Domeniconi